Achieve a Confident Smile at Any Age
Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for teens. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists states that one in five orthodontic patients in New Jersey is over the age of 21.
Adult Orthodontics Can Treat Your Issues
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly leading to tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- The desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Many adults in Monroe Township are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance.
Adults everywhere are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too.
Treatment for Adults Vs. Teens
The main difference between treating adults and children or teens is that the jawbones of younger patients are still developing. These bones have stopped growing for adults, which may make orthognathic surgery necessary to align the jawbones.
Other differences include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease) — Adults are more likely than children to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or advanced periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
- Worn or missing teeth — Over time, teeth can become worn down and shift into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the possibility of gum disease.
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen — Many adults received some orthodontic treatment as a child or teen, but never completed their treatment. As an adult, they choose to complete their orthodontic treatment to achieve the healthy, beautiful smile they always wanted.
At Monroe Orthodontics, we also recognize that adults and children need different levels of attention and care. Dr. Leiva will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments and that your needs are met with understanding and respect.
Why You Should Consider Orthodontic Treatment
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it's needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics, please contact Monroe Orthodontics to schedule an appointment. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.
FAQs About Adult Orthodontics
Start your journey towards a healthy new smile today and schedule your free consultation with Dr. Leiva.
Let's talk about your orthodontic options and develop a treatment plan that's customized to your needs and smile goals.