Meet Your Monroe Township Orthodontist
I love helping people develop a beautiful, healthy smile that improves their self-esteem and confidence.
While seeing a person's finished smile is wonderful, getting to know that you during treatment and becoming your friend makes the smile seem so much more.
At age 12, I knew I wanted to be an orthodontist. I had braces, and the way they changed how I felt about myself was indescribable. I knew I needed to share that experience with others.
After many rewarding years in practice, I'm grateful for having met and helped so many wonderful people. When a patient goes from being embarrassed by their crooked teeth to smiling and laughing with pride, I know I've done my job well.
I'm blessed to have such a fulfilling job!
Why an Orthodontist in Monroe Township?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctor has continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, she's spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Monroe Township Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Monroe Township orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Monroe Township orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Monroe Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Monroe Township area.